Thursday, October 27, 2005

"Just A Phase"

So has anyone elsed noticed all the television shows about murder? Not the fictional ones, but the ones like "Cold Case Files" and "Real Detectives" where you get to go through the experience of crime and punishment with the aid of a narrator; I'm getting fed up with those. I just don't enjoy them, and it think its probobly not a good thing that we have an industry responsible for bringing murder to each and every home - well, at least the ones with cable.

It seems like glorification of the worst act that a person can commit, and that makes me... uncomfortable I guess. What bothers me more is that this is a recent developement; although I can never recall liking these shows very much, its pretty much all my family watches. The shows like "Law and Order" don't bother me, I like them, they are fictional. It's the shows that have to do with people who actually died, and A&E and CrimeTV are capitalizing on this unexplored market. Its a sick twist on the reality TV fad.

In general, I find myself liking TV less and less as time passes. Its pointless and repetitive, and the only shows I find myself liking anymore are cartoons. I just can't find it amusing.

"Call it women's intuition,
but I think I'm on to something here.
Temporaryism has been the black plague and the Jesus of our age.
I know that I sound opinionated
maybe biased, and quite possible jaded,
but sooner or later they'll be throwing quarters at you on the stage.

Who are you?
When will you be through?

Yeah it's just a phase;
it will be over soon."
-Incubus

Matt

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I dont like tv either. It feels like a total waste of time. and the commercials. always the commercials.

movies are different.