Thursday, November 03, 2005

Kaze Yon: "Battlestar Scralatchtica" Incubus - You, dear, are just that funky fresh.
Your Friend: "Beauty from Pain" Superchick - Between what I know and what I don't this song still fits you well.
Shadow: "Aqueous Transmission" Incubus - I think this has to do with the way you always manage to put the words to some idea or emotion that I've been wrestling to define for weeks or months. The unwitting narrator of my life.
Sarah: "A Lack of Color" Death Cab for Cutie - Sometimes you don't see the world for all the good things it has for you. We will just paint it brighter.
Trev: "On Top" The Killers - You've managed to do pretty well so far, without screwing anything up. Keep the faith.
FGK: "Three Simple Words" Finch - You've brought alot of things to my attention, and been a great help through some wierd shit. You're a great guy, and you're not malicious, but you've got one hell of a mean streak and the anger to go with it. So you get Finch.
Nethwen_Fair: "Only Hope" Switchfoot - I think sometimes you've got this whole business down. I'm not saying that you don't fail, I'm just saying that you start over from the right place. You know where to go.
Jenny: "Sick Sad Little World" Incubus - I know its angsty and mean, but this song is totally you. No clue why.
Annie: "Leech" Incubus - You're so neeeedy. But I'll keep you. In a cage.

My ears just stopped ringing. Wow... 25 hours after last practice... that's bad.

I'm so hardcore.
-Matt

2 comments:

Unknown said...

#1 and #7 on your list dont seem to be compatible. jk

in response to #8: (and you knew this was coming) you can get to know people in ways other than dating. like....I dont know........friendship, maybe? I've met a lot of girls that I really wanted to date, but just maintained a friendship with, and you know what, in retrospect not one of them was who God intended for me. and this whole concept of "the one" is stupid. you may or may not buy into the popular concept of: the partner that you are destined for will be perfectly compatible with you and the relationship will work out through all the hard times. this is wrong. Love is something you have to do, not something that you feel. a successful relationship is when love is mutual between the two people. not destiny. destiny is unimportant if you dont know the details.

if you already knew that, I apologise for the lecture. it was your terminology that set me off.

in response to #10: I find most of my failures are due to not what I did wrong, but what I didnt do right. ie:I forgot to convert my units in an engineering problem. most of the time I'm wrong about something, its because I left something out. I see that in you too. there is not an easy solution to this, but I got better with practice. when I would see the solution to the math problem, I would study the solution to learn where to look for the things I missed in my first attempt. correctness almost always involves looking at things from every angle. like a rubik's cube.

in response to #12: the death penalty is biblical. killing does not necessarrily equal murder. in some languages (ie. greek) each different kind of killing has its own word.

in response to #14: thank you for giving me permission.

I dont know how much you know about hearing loss, but when you listen to something too loud, you damage your auditory nerves most of the damaged nerves heal after a while but a few never will. the ones that dont heal will never be replaced. so if you can, wear some earplugs or do something to protect your hearing.

Rachel said...

Oh, Patrick, I would love to debate with you. Pick a subject: religion, abortion, death penalty, or politics. I'm sure there are other interesting topics, but that's all I can think of now that interest me. There may not be much to debate on all of those, but I think you'd make for interesting entertainment. I'm good to go.