Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Dee-doo-dah

Wow.

Been a while, eh?

No earth-shattering revelations or epiphanies. Nothing I need to share with the blogosphere. But why not? Eh? Let's begin.

I never thought I was a hot-blooded guy. And I really don't think I am, at least not all the time. Thing is, I see a bit of red everytime someone verbally acknowledges that there is a line they shouldn't cross. And then they cross it, but think that its okay because they just pointed out that they know the line is there. I mean, I guess some people see "jerk" as a step up from "ignorant", but, seriously. DIAF.
Oh, and if someone decides to take it up with you, and doesn't just chew you out but has the kindheartedness to allow you to speak in your defense, the line "But it hurts me to keep it all inside!" (Seriously. Someone actually said that, in this situation, not twenty-four hours ago.) you need to realize what your doing. Analyze it. Not that hard. I'd make a flow chart, but, really, don't care that much. Just ask yourself this "Why does it hurt when I don't say anything, and what about saying something makes it feel better?" A good portion of the time, you're gonna wind up answering yourself with "It hurts because I am part of the situation, or I am not required/wanted/allowed in said situation, and if feels great to retaliate by hurting those that excluded me."

Maybe everyone I know (myself included) is just more unhealthy than the rest of the planet. Maybe we feel like we just have to be included in everything, like we are all so very important and no-one can get along in life without us.

Sweet.

Normally, I wouldn't say anything. But this has started to affect me as well as those around me. I'm not saying you are all bad people. Hell, you rule, compared to yours truly. But, c'mon guys. Think before you act/think/post/speak/mail. Live your own life.

"I don't know why it is!
Isn't it obvious to me?
Its sympathy!
I'm sure that after this
you'll fear anything at all resembling.

All her might!
Was it the force behind the family bound and tied to keep the bottle down?
To our suprise, to suspect you had discipline or nerve to convert!
I just didn't think it'd work.

I don't know why it is!
Isn't it obvious to me?
Its sympathy!
I'm sure that after this
you'll fear anything at all resembling.

For what we give to this,
the challenges persist,
battles we must fight,
for what we give to this,
a promise to resist,
stand with all your might!"
-Sympathy The Getup Kids

Anyway, in other news, I finally took my little Marlin Model 60 apart and cleaned it thouroughly. Its amazingly simple for such a fixed barrel weapon. It had enough dirt and primer/powder/brass fragments and residue to turn a medium sized white shirt grey. But the action is real smooth now, and tomorrow I go hunting the rats that are living in my roof. Fear me, cousins. I come bearing a maglite and rat shot.

Gun nut? A little, maybe. I like shooting, and I like the precision involved in most things related to firearms. If you make a mistake, you are going to know.

Anyway, I may post again tomorrow, or, I may never post again. But kudos to those of you who actually read this still. <3

-Mouse

1 comment:

Flying Gerbil King said...

Have you just referred to the Rats as your cousins?