Sunday, September 06, 2009

The Machine

Well, I'm a part of it now, I suppose. It's interesting, because I thought it would constrict me more. I have to go to work. I have to shave, and get my hair cut. I have to have clean clothes, free of threads and with the correct medals and patches in the correct position.

It's not so bad at all. I have freedom to do what I want 15 hours a day. I'm given housing, a stipend for food, and pay. Not to mention that no matter what ailment may afflict me, the military is going to pay to get it fixed. I have nothing to rage about that I would not have raged about were we all civilians.

It is a good thing. Sarah has problems with the military, and while she can't articulate them very well, I have a feeling that they come down to "There has to be a better way." and "That creeps me out." mixed together. I know how she feels. I've seen the fingers with the mouths.

Married Life

It seems odd to think that I'm married. I guess part of it is because I've been with Sarah in one way or another for so long that it just seem natural. That's a good thing, I suppose. We are not perfect. I rage, she freaks out, and things seem terrible for a few minutes. We do seem, however, to have gotten very good at making up, and I think that skill will serve us well in years to come.

The house consists of Sarah, Noodles the cat, Maxwell and Ziggy the guinea pigs, and myself. It is a rather active home, if you count never leaving unless forced as active.

Speaking of leaving

We went to thrift stores yesterday. Sarah procured many books, and I purchased a leather briefcase with two combination locks, as well as two sports coats. Sarah also got a pair of Dickies ripstop work pants, which are far too large, but cool nonetheless. It seems odd to blog without a crisis. I may bore you, but I think I rather enjoy it. And let us be honest with ourselves, readership is down. So, if you happen to be reading this, welcome to a very small, exclusive community. You are different from the masses who read unpopular blogs in that you read this unpopular blog.

No comments: